Oh you are a thing of wonder!!
I love my ipad mini. Initially I was sceptical. I did not find copying over from my Ipad to be an easy process and from the start I worried, wondered and fretted on a number of levels - but thats another story and eventually I had it sorted.
So, what did I worry and fret about?
- Would it be too small?
- Would I find the keyboard cumbersome and need glasses to read it
- What about the key board? I LOVED my logitech Solar keyboard on my iPad - would I struggle with the mini?
- Was it just too small to be useful?
Wonders and worries abounded.
I needn't have bothered. While they were all valid at the time, they were proven to be true of the old adage - 'worrying solves nothing'.
- It wasnt too small at all. In fact, my ipad mini is perfect. It slips into my handbag and it practically goes everywhere with me - much like my iphone!! The size is its advantage.
- I did find the keyboard small and at first it was a bit disconcerting, BUT, we use a cell phone daily so the size of the keyboard is really irrelevant really. I think most of the concerns live in my head!
- Initially the lack of a portfolio cover with a built in keyboard was an issue. At the time of purchase I did buy an overpriced logitech keyboard for it BUT, I also had a lovely new purple case. The case is divine. I didn't want to use the keyboard (because its not a real cover) - it wasn't nearly as pretty as the cover (don't judge - Its a girly thing). So it sat in its box for a few weeks. Then the universe pointed something out to me. I needed to go to the local store for a stylus, and when I was there I found it. The logitec keyboard all in one portfolio cover. In pretty blue (purple would be better but I will survive). It is AWESOME! Such a responsive and light keyboard. Its a shame its not solar but meh, I will get over it.
- Too small to be useful - silly me. Its better smaller - because its more portable, and its easier to take photos. For something so small it really is quite a 'grunty' bit of tech.
So, my advice - go for a mini. It is awesome. Its easy to use in classrooms during walkthroughs and observations and it was perfect for reading a Eulogy I did at a funeral. For a device to work on in the plane - perfect. Its light, its small and its just awesome. Watch this space as I go and dig deeper into its wonderful qualities!!